第一條——澳門物理治療師公會，英文名稱為 Macau Physical Therapists Association（以下簡稱本會），以發展物理治療專業、協助政府建立完善醫療體系、提升全澳市民健康，並爭取會員權益為目標。
第三條——本會組織以澳門特別行政區為範圍，所有活動將依據澳門特別行政區法例而進行，地址為澳門慕拉士大馬路 124-130 號龍園大廈騰龍閣 20 樓 S 座。
Macau Physical Therapists Association
Macau Physical Therapists Association (MPTA)’s goals are to develop the profession of physical therapy, assist the government to establish a better medical system, improve the overall wellness of Macau citizens and maximize benefits for MPTA members.
MPTA is a non-profit organization and a legal organization registered with the Macau S.A.R. government.
MPTA is based in Macau S.A.R. and all activities will be conducted in accordance with the law of the Macau S.A.R.
Address: Avenida De Venceslau De Morais, No 124-130, Long Un, Edf Tang Long Kok, 20-S, Macau S.A.R.
The purposes of MPTA are as follows:
- Promote and facilitate the growth of the physical therapy profession.
- Enhance the service quality of physical therapy in Macau.
- Assist the government to formulate, revise, and implement systems and regulations which are related to physical therapy.
- Assist and manage activities which are entrusted by the other agencies or organizations.
- Promote the professional growth and development of physical therapists.
- Enhance communication and cooperation with relevant professional associations.
- Preserve the legitimate rights and interests of members.
- Support healthy interpersonal relationships between members.
- Manage miscellaneous issues.
Members’ rights and obligations
MPTA provides both local and foreign memberships. Local members have to be a holder of Macau S.A.R. Resident Identity Card (B.I.R). Both types of applicants are required to fulfill the following criteria:
- Holder of a Bachelor’s degree or a higher entry-level degree in Physical Therapy.
- Application must be approved by MPTA.
The rights of the members are as follows:
- Local members are entitled to attend, speak, submit proposals or suggestions, vote, be voted, dismiss and appeal at MPTA meetings. Overseas members are entitled to attend and speak at MPTA meetings.
- The right to participate in MPTA activities and enjoy member benefits.
- Other legal entitlements.
The obligations of the members are as follows:
- Comply with the constitution of MPTA
- Obey the resolutions of all MPTA conventions.
- Pay for the membership fee in a punctual manner.
- Respond to MPTA consultations and investigation matters.
- Follow obligations in accordance with the law.
- Notify MPTA if there is any change in personal information.
If a member has two consecutive unexcused absences from Annual General meeting, their voting rights will be suspended, but other rights will still be retained.
If the membership payment is overdue by 2 months without a valid reason, and it remains unpaid after a reminder, the Executive Committee will resolve on suspending all the individual rights of the member. If the membership fee is still unpaid after 3 more months, the member will be expelled from MPTA immediately with announcement.
If a member violates the law of Macau S.A.R., the MPTA constitution or the resolution of MPTA meetings, MPTA shall warn, suspend or even expel their membership according to the circumstances of the case. Announcement will be made after the appeal has failed or the appeal period has expired.
Members may withdraw their membership at any time, but any certificate/proof of membership must be returned at the time of withdrawal. If there are arrears, they should be paid together on the withdrawal date. All of the initial registration fee and annual fee are non- refundable.
Non-members of MPTA or members who have withdrawn may not conduct any activities in the name of MPTA; otherwise MPTA reserves the right to pursue legal action.
When members of MPTA are penalized by the Executive Committee, they can appeal to the Supervisory Committee within one month.
Organizational Structure and Functional Authority
MPTA organizational structure consists of a Chairperson, an Executive Committee and a Supervisory Committee. The Executive Committee is made up of 11 or a higher odd number of members consisting of the President, Vice President, and other Members of Executive Committee. The Supervisory Committee is made up of 5 or a higher odd number of members consisting of the President, Vice President, and other Members of the Supervisory Committee.
The Annual General Assembly is the highest authority of MPTA and is chaired by the Chairperson.
The responsibilities of The General Assembly are as follows:
- Establish and amend the constitution.
- Elect or remove members of the Executive and Supervisory Committee.
- Resolve annual work plan, reports, budget and final accounts.
- Resolve the rights and obligations of the members.
- Resolve the use and distribution of property.
- Dismiss the MPTA.
The Chairperson, Executive and Supervisory Committees are elected in order from the members of MPTA at the Annual General meeting by a majority vote.
The Chairperson will represent the association publicly; the President of the Executive Committee will manage the general affairs of MPTA, and the President of the Supervisory Committee will lead the supervisors and exercise the supervisory functional authority.
- When the Chairperson is unable to exercise his / her duty, it shall be taken up temporarily by the President of the Executive Committee.
- When the President of the Executive Committee is unable to exercise his / her duty, it shall be taken up temporarily by the Vice President of the Executive Committee.
- When the President of the Supervisory Committee is unable to his / her duty, it shall be taken up temporarily by the Vice President of the Supervisory Committee.
The Authorities of the Executive Committee are as follow:
- Execute regulations and the tasks listed in this constitution.
- Convene an Annual General Meeting and execute its resolution.
- Prepare annual work plan, budget, final accounts and report to the Annual General Meeting
- Property management.
- Review the entry requirement of members.
- Resolve and execute disciplinary action to members.
- Appoint and dismiss the members of committees.
The Authorities of the Supervisory Committee are as follow:
- Supervise the implementation of the Executive Committee.
- Propose rectification matters to the Executive Committee.
- Audit Executive Committee’s financial revenue and expenditure
- Manage member appeals
- Propose other matters brought up at the Annual General Meeting
The Chairperson, Executive and Supervisory Committees of MPTA are all volunteers for a term of two years and are eligible for re-election.
The Chairperson and the members of the Executive and Supervisory Committees shall be dismissed under one of the following circumstances:
- Loss of MPTA membership.
- Resignation due to personal reason. It shall be approved by the Executive and Supervisory Committees.
- Twice consecutive unexcused absences from the Executive or Supervisory Committees meetings are considered to have resigned from the respective committee.
- Dismissal by the Annual General Meeting.
MPTA may hire an honorary president or consultant to assist in the development of the MPTA when necessary.
The Annual General meetings and Special Meetings are both convened by the Executive Committee; however, the Annual General Meeting is convened once a year and the Special Meeting shall be convened by the Executive Committee when the Presidents and Vice Presidents of the Executive and Supervisory Committees have resolved that such a meeting is required.
The meeting of the Executive Committee shall be convened every three months by the President of the Executive Committee. The assembly of the Supervisory Committee shall be convened once a year by the President of the Supervisory Committee. If necessary, a special assembly of a joint assembly of both committees may be convened.
In order for any resolution of any meeting of MPTA to pass, there must be more than half of the eligible members attending the meeting and over 70% of them agreed upon the approval of the resolution.
Seventy percent of the voting members attending the Annual General meeting is required in order to pass a favorable vote in decision making. When it is necessary to make a decision, but none of the items have 70% of the votes, a new proposal can be put forward for voting. When there are no new proposals, the first and the second highest votes will be proceeded to a runoff voting and voted in an absolute majority. The Chairperson will make a casting vote in the case of a tie.
Members of MPTA may not vote or attend any assembly on behalf of anyone. President of the Executive Committee should attend all assemblies with the option of replacement by vice presidents of the Executive Committee under special circumstances.
Funding and Membership fee
The sources of funding for MPTA are as follows:
- Initial registration fee
- Annual membership fee
- Other revenue
Members are required to pay an Initial Registration fee and Annual Membership fee. The fee schedule will be determined by voting at the General Assembly.
The financial year of MPTA begins on January 1 and ends on December 31 of the same year.
The budget and settlement of MPTA will be compiled within two months before and after each financial year, and will be announced after the approval from the General Assembly.
If MPTA is to be disbanded or revoked, the settlement of its remaining property shall be decided by the members in the Annual General Meeting, yet any government-related cancellation work shall be managed by the Executive Committee.
If there is any constitutional matters that are not mentioned herein, it shall be carried out in accordance with the law of the Macau S.A.R.
The Articles of this constitution shall be implemented after being approved and announced by the General Assembly. Any adjustment must follow the same procedure.
Last update: 17th Jan 2019, approved by the Second Notary Public office of the Macau S.A.R.
The Chinese version of this document shall prevail in case of discrepancy.